How do you fix the quality of your GP practice data?
Take the £5k Challenge
Find revenue your practice should be claiming
We have identified more than £3.5m for practices just like yours.
QOF may not be at the forefront of practice thinking but still generates over £100,000 for an average practice. Over 500 visits have shown us that most practices are missing at least £5,000 or 5-10% of their claimable income. In addition they are still often managing these patients with underlying chronic conditions.
How does it work?
We audit your clinical system and recognise when patient records are inaccurate or incomplete. We have expertise in medical terminology and can identify when diagnoses are missing. We only add entries when there is a clear indication that one is required.
To give you assurance that you won’t be out of pocket, if your data is of particularly high quality and we don’t identify enough missed income to cover the cost of the service, we won’t charge you.
Why don’t you challenge us to beat the £5k barrier at your practice?
How does adding data increase my practice income?
Adding patients to your registers will increase prevalence which increases the value of each QOF point within that domain.
If you are already achieving maximum points, you can still increase your income substantially. Remember QOF is paid annually, so any increase in income will be received each year. So an extra £5,000 earned during 2019/20 will also be received in 2020/21 and so on.
What do you do?
One of our experienced specialists will visit your practice for two days to analyse your records and identify patients that do not have an appropriate diagnostic entry. They can then add the correct codes to your records, or if you prefer, provide you with details of patients to update yourself.
You will be provided with a summary of the work that has been completed along with a financial breakdown of the associated increase to your practice income.
All we need is a little time with one of your GPs at the beginning and end of each day to make sure they are comfortable with the coding changes we will make.
- There’s no need for you to check lots of records or give lists to GPs - we do the work for you
- 99% satisfaction rate from practices that have already used the service
- Staff improve their understanding of medical terminology
- Clinicians understand the importance and impact of correct clinical coding
- Improves data quality at the practice
- Improved coding of records ensures better monitoring and management of patients, ensuring they receive the appropriate care for their medical conditions
- We have lots of examples of how poor coding had compromised patient care. Correcting omissions reduces this likelihood significantly.
- The scheme increases the trust in GP records, particularly relevant with shared care schemes such as PCN / improved access schemes when clinicians are less familiar with the patient.
- Tools and advice is given to the practice to ensure that past mistakes are not continued
This two-day service costs £1,200+VAT. If we do not identify this amount of missed income you will not be charged, so you really have nothing to lose. We are surprised if we don’t find £5,000 of missing income – hence we set ourselves a challenge to find at least that amount at each visit.
If you are a member of The Health Improvement Network (THIN) you can use your THIN training days to book the £5k Challenge, just let us know when registering in the comments box.
If you are not a member of THIN, click here to find out more.